A hair mask can be of different varieties, depending on what you want to achieve. I would suggest two here. Hair mask prepared with coconut oil, garbanzo flour, water all heated until it becomes a paste consistent enough to not run off of hair, is excellent for nourishing and strengthening the hair. You could even mix it with henna if you want some reddish-brown shade colour to your hair. To remove dandruff, you could mix olive oil, neem oil, and garbanzo flour.
Hair Mask Benefits
One teaspoon apple cider vinegar or yogurt and mix with a tiny amount of water to make a paste and leave in hair for an hour or two and then wash it off with a mild shampoo. No conditioner.
If your hair does not retain enough moisturizer, then your hair will become dry. That will reduce the sheen and also make it look unhealthy. Further, it will also look dull and lifeless.
If your hair is dry, then you cannot style it as you wish. Though it doesn’t mean any more significant health problem, it is ideal for nourishing your hair so that it looks shiny and also has a volume.
You can make a Hair Mask for dry hair that will work together to nourish and moisturize your hair. It will also sustain and promote healthy hair.
Generally, change in the season will also affect your hair. Hence, it is ideal to use the mask in a way that your hair gets that extra moisturizer. While applying a hair mask, it is perfect to use the wide-tooth comb. Combing can spread the mask all over your hair. It can also ensure that your mask reaches till the end of your hair that needs attention too. Thus, you can revitalize your dry hair by using a hair mask.
Easy Homemade Hair Masks
Now, DIY hair masks can be beneficial in making your hair better & healthy. They do not just work on giving your hair a definite volume but also impart shine, lustre & smoothness to it.
- Aloe Vera- The ever-magical skin, hair, and healthcare ingredient, which ensures your hair is nourished and healthy. Just take some Aloe Vera gel on your palm and apply on your hair, even the scalp.
- Egg, Honey, and Coconut Oil- Mix an egg with 1/2 tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of Coconut oil. Apply on dry hair and rinse off after 30 minutes.
- Fenugreek seeds- Yes, they are not just for cooking. You can borrow some of its benefits for your hair too. Soak some seeds overnight. Wash off after some time.
- Onion and Honey- Grind some onion slices with a bit of water. Sieve out the juice and mix with one tablespoon of honey. Apply on your hair. Wash off with cold water after 30–40 minutes.
- Olive Oil, Coconut Milk, and Avocado- Mix three tablespoons of the oil with a half cup of Coconut milk & one mashed Avocado. Apply on dry hair and let sit for 30 minutes. Rinse off with cold water.